ipsy Glam Bag
I recently received my first ipsy Glam Bag so I thought it would be something fun to review! If you aren't familiar with ispy it's a monthly beauty and makeup subscription box. Each month you get deluxe or full-size products plus a cute makeup bag! The #winning part is it's only $10 a month, plus free shipping!
Truthfully, I've signed up for a few different subscription boxes before and I never really used them. But when I saw a friend had signed up for ispy I thought I'd give it another try! OHHH GIRL I AM SO GLAD I DID!
When you sign up on their website you fill out a 2 minute beauty quiz in which they ask your skin tone, makeup preferences, etc. This is so you receive the bag customized to your likes each month! So my bag has certain items but yours may have something different! Huzzah!
First of all can I get an Amen on the fact this is Happy Mail? That's reason enough to sign up! I'm so tired of weird crusty coupon (QUE-PON) books coming in the mail. Does anyone even use those? All hail pretty packages in my mailbox!
It came in super cute bubble packaging. The makeup bag is small but the material feels expensive. The zipper tassel thing is a cute star that says "ipsy." Editor's Note: Does anyone else hear ispy and think of Dipsy the Teletubby? Oh just me? COOLTHANKSFORNOTHING. Also if someone could invent some makeup constellations in real life that would be great. I would stargaze every night if I was searching for a mascara tube.
- SLMissGlam Beauty W20 Angled Eye Brush I don't know about you but I can never have too many eye shadow brushes! The synthetic hairs feel nice a soft which is great for blending. Plus it's pink so #caseclosed.
- Pür-lisse Blue Lotus Balancing Moisturizer A light-weight moisturizer made from French marine plants (sounds exotic). I haven't tried it yet but it looks like something I'd stick in my bag for when I travel. (Let's be real the only place I'm traveling is to Harris Teeter to pick up my groceries. But I'll be well-moisturized while I do it. Believe THAT.)
- Absolute New York Matte Stick NFA52 Dark Red I welcome any and all matte lipsticks at this juncture of my life, so I was PUMPED to see this in the Glam Bag. I wore it today and I can say that stuff isn't going anywhere! For a red it didn't bleed much either (though I always suggest a lipliner). I hadn't heard of this brand before but I'm a BELIEBER! Editor's Note: I'm seeing an alarming amount of Justin BEE-BEAR references on my blog. I wish I could tell you I'm not OK with it. But you better BELIEB I am.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner deluxe in black I have a murky past with liquid eyeliner. And by murky I mean terrible. I'm terrible at it. My hands shake, and I get angry and I end up looking like Amy Winehouse (RIP). So whenever I see anyone with successful liquid eyeliner I'm like BOW TO YOUR SENSI. I SEE YOU GIRL!!! But I swatched this liner on my hand and I can tell you 1- it went on like a frickin' Sharpie. Smooth and dark dark dark. 2- it hasn't moved a muscle since it's been on my hand.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in black First of all-- lofty ass goal you have there Too Faced. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed. The wand is an hourglass shape which gets all your lashes involved. And the actual brush is super thick so you get a nice va-va-va-voom look! Even though this is considered a deluxe sample, I'm impressed by the size! Perfect to keep in your purse. (Please note the fact I stayed away from any double entendres for this one. That's because my mom reads this blog, you sickos.)
I would say the overall value of my ipsy Glam Bag was about $50!! So it's one of, if not, the best deal out there in the subscription box world. My only annoyance with it was that it did take a good month to get my first box. I assume this is due to their billing cycle and the time of month you sign up? So if you're interested in getting the December bag, I would sign up now.
Also, a cool thing to note is they offer discount codes on any of the products you get in the bag! So if I want to go buy the full size moisturizer or another lipstick, their website provides discount codes for all the brands. Plus they have flash sales of products on the ipsy site too.
So if you see me on the street walking around lookin' good with some soft skin, red lips, and an on point winged liner; talking about how something is better than sex...you'll know why.
P.S. I'm not affiliated with ispy in anyway. I'm just a fan!
P.P.S. You can use THIS link to sign up through me. Anytime you refer someone they give you points toward free stuff. I promise to share all my free stuff with you!