Take 5 Friday
Take 5 and hear about the 5 things I'm loving this week!
1. International Delights One Touch Latte- You'll be sensing a theme in this post. The theme is food products and makeup. What else is new? Let me start by saying that I am not into sweet stuff in my coffee. Just a touch of cream. I like my coffee like I like my men...tan and bitter. ZINGZANGZONG!!! (As you can guess, Joel absolutely hates that joke. But I can't stop and I won't stop.) So when we scooped up some of this One Touch Latte business, I was a skeptic! But it's SO SO GOOD. It turns your regular coffee into a latte in 5 short seconds! The hype is real. I am particularly fond of the caramel. It's good as a treat in the morning or after dinner with some decaf. I order my groceries online, but I'm guessing you can find it in the milk/creamer section of the grocery store.
2. In defense of myself...as of 11:30 pm last night this WAS in stock, but now it's sold out. So sorry! I'll notify you of it for next month! Target Beauty Box $10- I have an addiction and the only cure is more subscription boxes. Send me to Passages Malibu because I BE OBSESSED. I discovered Target's Beauty Box through one of the 394890384093834 Target related IGs I follow. I completely love these boxes. It's a monthly package of beauty, skincare and body care products. You can't sign up to get it sent continuously, you have to order it each month. This weirdly adds to the allure of the whole thing. Often times there will be full-sized products included. The value on this particular box is $33. The link lists everything included in the box. A few times a year Target also has Men's Boxes. Joel's lucked out with really nice razors and other men's products from those. Free shipping and not sold in stores!
3. Trader Joe's Chunky Spicy Guacamole Autentico----> (Spanish for "authentic". That's how you know it's good.) Now that I'm with child, I've basically traded wine for guacamole. And while I don't like giving up the SWEET SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS, I'm happy to report this guac has really helped take the edge off. It's SOOOOOOO DELISH! If you know me you know I've had a long time love for TJ's Reduced Guilt Guac. And I will never turn my back on that guacamole. It's been there for me through the darkest of Happy Hours. It's been so good to me through many troubling Netflix marathons. Frankly, it's understood me when no one else has. But sometimes you can't beat some nice spicy, AUTENTICO guacamole, amirite?! Try it and tell me! (Be warned: emphasis on "spicy".)
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette $42- I got this palette on a total whim, but boy am I happy I did! The colors are so pretty! I think it's a great palette for all eye colors. You can do an every day look or a smokey eye, no problemo! The pigment is very rich too. A little goes a long way. The shadow does "fall" a little but it's to be expected. I basically bought this palette because of the reviews. I am a sucker for reviews. I explain away 99.9% of my purchases by saying, "It had really good reviews!" As if that's an actual explanation. Like, CRACK COCAINE HAS REALLY GOOD REVIEWS TOO BUT WOULD YOU BUY IT?! I also love that there are humans out there willing to take time to write reviews. They are total strangers, but I want to honor these strangers by buying literally anything they tell me to. THEIR REVIEWS WILL NOT GO IN VAIN!! I've never written an official review, nor will I ever probably. Because I have these perfect strangers, whom I totally trust, doing all the work FOR ME. It couldn't make a lazy person like me ANY HAPPIER.
5. Breakfast for dinner- This is esentially my monthly reminder to you that breakfast for dinner is ALWAYS a good idea. Everyday that ends with breakfast for dinner IS A GOOD DAY. Pancakes and bacon? YES. Eggs and sausage? YES. Breakfast Casserole. DOUBLE YES. (Because you can eat it for dinner AND breakfast the next day with no extra work!) I don't know anyone who doesn't LOVE breakfast for dinner. Except maybe Joel. He likes OK but he says he likes to get a warning about it to be "mentally prepared." Like 24 hours notice? Mentally prepared for what? AWESOMENESS?!?! Because that's all that's coming your way, mi amigo. I made THIS breakfast casserole on Tuesday night and it DID NOT disappoint. It's no mistake that casserole is called Christmas Breakfast Casserole. Because everyday you have breakfast for dinner FEELS LIKE CHRISTMAS DAY, FOOLS. (Editor's Note: I made the casserole for a friend too and she texted me the next morning saying, "Dude. This breakfast should be illegal it's so delicious." So Breakfast Casserole really does make the world go round.)( Double Editor's Note: Regarding the recipe...add another egg and ignore their baking instructions. Also def take the time to toast the bread. It's a game changer! 350 for an hour works well. Uncovered if you like it crispy.)
These are the 5 things I'm loving this week! What are you loving? Do you love anything I love? Are we in love? Please comment if we are.
Also subscribe to the blog at the bottom of this page to stay up-to-date with all my posts! I really AM going to do a subscriber giveaway in the next few weeks! :)